Young Entrepreneurs: The Power of Adaptability & Persistence
Have you ever wondered what separate successful entrepreneurs from others? Or wondered why others breakthrough and live their dreams while some struggle and give up? Yes I have, I did wonder and ask these questions a few years back and the answers I got changed my career greatly.
Today I will share with you one of those things I learned and implemented after asking these questions. I learned about adaptability and persistence.
Charles Darwin once said, “It is not the strongest of the species (entrepreneurs) that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one that is most adaptable to change”. Entrepreneurs are a rare breed, people who have dedicated their lives to disrupt, pay the price and bring change and it is impossible to accomplish this without developing the trait of adaptability and persistence.
Adaptability and persistence create amazing opportunities for entrepreneurs. As an entrepreneur you will fail, lose money, lose friends, landlords will embarrass you, you will barely feed and other difficulties and if you lack adaptability and persistence you will give up and completely fail
How to be adaptable and persistent?
1. Be teachable: In business a lot will change in the process and if you want to succeed as an entrepreneur be humble to learn from people who know better. It could be friends, mentors or even competitors
2. Be a Lifelong learner: Successful entrepreneurs know that constant improvement of their skills is the ultimate ticket to success. Take the initiative to always learn new skills. The more you know, the more you will acquire skills to solve problems and stay persistent
3. Foresight: The capacity to envisage the future marketplace or industry and plan accordingly.
4. Improve your coping mechanism: Find your best way to accommodate difficult moments and master it. The way you handle setbacks is critical in business success.
5. Reinvent: To adapt and stay persistent, you need to keep reinventing yourself. They focus on improvement and not on blaming themselves or others.
As you rise in your entrepreneurial career, be open minded, ready to change, adapt, and stay true to your dreams do not give up.
For speaking engagements, workshops and public appearances, in the areas of personal effectiveness & success, enterprise development & business growth, corporate & work place efficiency, process innovation & strategic execution, staff training & career growth kindly email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call +237 656140207