Entrepreneurs Growth Plugs Series – Episode 6 Responding to Entrepreneurial Challenges by Javnyuy Joybert
As entrepreneurs and or business persons not only in Cameroon but across Africa and globally we are always facing complex challenges but how we respond to challenges will define our careers and businesses tomorrow.
There’s one Incredible fact about entrepreneurs and challenges. Through the toughest challenges rebellious entrepreneurs build stronger futures they don’t back down, they master how to sale through the challenges and always ready with post-challenge strategies and execution plan. Challenges mold your character in order to drive your future success.
One thing I desire that every entrepreneur should get is, their mentality towards a challenge determines their next reality. That’s why it’s imperative to understand how you respond when you face challenges as you build your career and business. The most successful people focus on solutions rather than problems.
Challenges in your life and career will constantly push you to your limits and challenge you to break your performance barriers.
How to respond to challenges?
- Stay committed to the vision in your heart. My question to you is, will you abandon your dreams because of some challenges that won’t last? No matter what happens stay committed to the vision.
- Don’t let fear dominate you.
The most important thing to do in the midst of a challenge is to take control of your thinking. Don’t let fear dominate your thinking you will make wrong decisions. No good decision comes out from a frustrated and angry mind.
- Acceptance of personal responsibility. Accept that there’s a challenge and assume the responsibility of solving the challenge with a clear mindset. I did not say you should cry over the challenge I said assume the responsibility to solve the challenge with a growth mindset and excitement about the future.
- Seek help from the right people. The right people I mean people who believe in you, believe in your vision and willing to sacrifice for your Growth. For example mentors, parents, siblings, true Friends etc.
- Honour challenges as growth opportunities. Use each challenge as an opportunity to grow, develop, and strengthen your character. Don’t react to challenges, when you react it means your emotions rule your decisions, and that the situation controls you.
Entrepreneurs respond to challenges by taking initiative to create positive change.
Keep building that dream